Thursday, June 28, 2012

An update.. Finally! xD


My awkward almost-teethy smile :D

Eighteen. Wow! Such a big number. It’s unbelievable how much things have changed since high school. I’m now halfway through my second semester of college. Everything’s good so far, Alhamdulillah. I still cannot believe all these things are finally happening to me. Like, I’ve been talking about college and growing up since before I got my first period! And going through it is totally far beyond what I expected. 18 is a scary age to be. It’s the age where you’re expected to be responsible for your own actions. I feel like I’m still just a little kid. I’m still trying to find myself and know who I really am and what’s my role in life. There are still so many things to learn and explore. Just a few years back, I had this conversation with my friends about growing up and our future plans and how much we will miss each other when we go study abroad and go our separate ways and that we will still keep in touch and be close friends till we grow old. Awwwh I’m gonna tear up anytime now :’) Those things are actually happening, right now. Things happen so fast that we don’t even quite realize they are happening. One moment you’re curled up sucking your pacifier and the next moment, you’re held accountable for what you publish online and for everything you do. It’s actually kind of a fun experience. Things like this make us who we are today. Experience taught me to appreciate the little things in life. Besides experience, my mom has been the best teacher/motivator/BFF in my life. She would talk to me and give me some really useful and constructive advice. She has molded me into the person I am today. And I think she did a splendid job! (Lol I’m not praising myself here FYI :P) Apa-apa pun, this is just the beginning of my journey into adulthood. Enjoy life, take chances, be happy, and just go with the flow. Things will eventually fall into place :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment